On Black Friday and Cyber Monday, customers shopped incredible deals across every category on Amazon from fashion to home, electronics, toys, beauty, and more.
In the UK, and worldwide, it was a record-breaking Black Friday and Cyber Monday for Amazon. In the UK some of this year’s top selling categories included Home, Toys, and Beauty, and best-selling items were Fire TV Stick and Echo Dot.
“We were delighted to see how many customers shopped deals from small businesses selling on Amazon, as well as using the Small Business Gift Finder. This year more than half of sales from Black Friday through Cyber Monday worldwide were from independent selling partners, most of which are small and medium-sized businesses. stomers usingAmazonSmile so that when they shop, Amazon gives to the charity of their choice. This makes Black Friday good for small businesses, good for charities and good for customers who are getting ready for Christmas,” said John Boumphrey, Amazon.co.uk Country Manager’.
Support Small with the Small Business Gift Finder
More than half of all products purchased on Amazon store are sold by small and medium-sized businesses, and customers can now shop unique and giftable products from more than 65,000 small business selling partners based in the UK. Those businesses sold more than 750 million products on Amazon last year, up from 550 million during the same period the previous year – equivalent to selling more than 1,500 products a minute on average.
“Thanks to Amazon shining the spotlight on small businesses, Superfoodio saw an uplift of 120% in sales during Black Friday compared to previous weeks. We are excited to carry this momentum into December. Amazon’s Black Friday Live event in London was the cherry on top of what was a fantastic week for small businesses and customers alike. We enjoyed every minute of it and cannot wait for the next Amazon Black Friday event.” Jagir Mankodi, Superfoodio, Founder
“Black Friday was a brilliant day for us – we had sold 350 games on Amazon before I’d had my breakfast! It was really exciting watching the sales come in and thinking about how many people will be enjoying our games together this Christmas!” Hazel Reynolds, Gamely Games, Founder
“Sandy Leaf Farm saw huge demand for our unique kits this Black Friday. Our Gin Making and Chilli Sauce Kits were our top-selling items. We had our best Amazon Black Friday ever, with the number of sales we usually would get in a week, coming in just a couple of hours. Customers took advantage of the amazing deals that we were running, and sales were fifty times higher than a normal day”. Dr Scott MacDonald, Sandy Leaf Farm, Founder
Holiday Season Highlights:
Some of the highlights from Amazon’s holiday season so far, including Black Friday and Cyber Monday globally, include:
- This year, more than half of sales from Black Friday through Cyber Monday were from independent selling partners, most of which are small and medium-sized businesses.
- Amazon has delivered billions of packages to customers around the world so far this festive season.
- Amazon also delivered over 10 million items to alternative delivery locations in countries around the world this holiday season, such as Amazon Locker locations, including Amazon physical retail stores like Amazon 4-star.
Some of the best-sellers from Amazon UK’s 48-hour Black Friday sale, include:
- Top selling categories across the 48 hours of Black Friday in the UK, included Home, Toys, Beauty, Books, and Health & Personal Care.
- Best-selling items in the UK included Fire TV Stick and Echo Dot
- Other best sellers include Celebrations Chocolate Bulk Box, Woodford Reserve Bourbon Whiskey, Garnier Sheet Mask Discovery Collection, and Yankee Candle Gift Set.
- Among the best-selling items from small businesses in the UK were the Beat That! – The Bonkers Battle of Wacky Challenges and SonicScrubber Household Electrical Cleaning Brush.
Keep Watching Black Friday Live
To celebrate Black Friday in the UK, customers were able to visit Black Friday Live in central London, for four days of free star-studded events from Alexandra Burke, Ray BLK and Reggie Yates to name a few; live streams, and giveaways. The fun is still available to watch at home, from cocktail-making, and exclusive music gigs, a live podcast recording with Amazon Original +44 Podcast, a book reading, expert football analysis, and winter beauty Q&As – there is something everyone will enjoy. One of the popular episodes saw entrepreneurs Spencer Matthews (CleanCo) and Jamie Laing (Candy Kittens) take part in a small business ‘task-off’ hosted by presenter, Richie Anderson, where they shared their experiences of setting up a new business, before teaming up with Amazon small business sellers, Jagir Mankodi (Superfoodio) and Hazel Reynolds (Gamely Games) to come up with a brand-new small business idea. Watch celebrities now: Laura Whitmore, Alesha Dixon, Vogue Williams, and Patrice Evra hosted Amazon’s exclusive livestreamed events, all of which are available to stream at www.amazon.co.uk/blackfridaylive.